Universal Pictures released E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial on Blu-ray for the first time last week, in a brand new fully restored 30th Anniversary Edition. We are thrilled to present a new contest where fans can not only take home director Steven Spielberg's classic, but they can also win the E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: From Concept to Classic 30th Anniversary Book featuring stories from the set, and filled with over 200 new photos and illustrations. You don't have to phone home to win. Read on for how you can enter today!
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Blu-ray
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial from Concept to Classic 30th Anniversary Book
HERE'S HOW TO WIN!
Just "Like" (fan) the MovieWeb Facebook page (below) and then leave a comment below telling us why these prizes must be yours!
If you already "Like" MovieWeb, just leave a comment below telling us why these prizes must be yours!
When an imaginative boy meets a lost alien, it is the beginning of one of cinema's most endearing friendships as Elliot (Henry Thomas) helps the marvelous creature he calls E.T. find his way back home before government agents can capture him.
- The E.T. Journals: In this all-new bonus feature, retrace the day-to-day experience of creating E.T. from never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes footage shot by Academy Award-winning cinematographer John Toll. This piece will give viewers a unique feeling of being on the set and living the excitement of what it was like to make E.T.
- Steven Spielberg & E.T.: Watch an all-new interview with Steven Spielberg, as he reflects back on the film and discusses his experience working with the actors, as well as his overall and current perspective on E.T.
- Deleted Scenes: Two scenes from 2002 version of the film.
- A Look Back: A special insider's look into the making of E.T. featuring interviews with Steven Spielberg, the cast, and others intimately involved with the film.
- The E.T. Reunion: The cast and filmmaker reunite to discuss their thoughts on the impact of the film.
- The Evolution and Creation of E.T..: From idea to screenplay, through casting and making the film.
- The Music of E.T.: A Discussion with John Williams: Interviews and footage focused on the long-standing relationship between John Williams and Steven Spielberg.
- The 20th Anniversary Premiere: Composer John Williams played the score of E.T. live at the Shrine Auditorium for the re-release premiere of E.T. This featurette gives us a behind the scenes look at this presentation.
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Special Olympics TV spot
- Designs, Photographs and Marketing: E.T. Designs by Production Illustrator Ed Verreaux, E.T. Designs by Carlo Rambaldi, Spaceship Designs by Ralph McQuarrie, Designs by Production Illustrator Ed Verreaux.
- Production Photographs
- Marketing E.T.
- UltraViolet: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, store them in the cloud, and instantly stream and download to computers, tablets and smartphones. Consumers can now truly enjoy their movies anytime, anywhere on the platform of their choice. Currently available in the United States only.
- Digital Copy: The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a digital copy of the film compatible with iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod touch, Android or online retail partners.
- pocket BLU™ App: The popular free pocket Blu app for smartphones is now even better with newly updated versions for iPad, Android™ tablets, PC and Macintosh computers, with features made especially to take advantage of the devices' larger screens and high resolution displays.
- Advanced Remote Control: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live functions with ease.
- Video Timeline: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- Mobile-To-Go: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- Browse Titles: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket Blu-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- Keyboard: Entering data is fast and easy with your device's intuitive keyboard.
- BD-Live: Access the BD-Live Center through your Internet-connected player to access the latest trailers, exclusive content and more!
E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial was released June 11th, 1982 and stars Henry Thomas, Dee Wallace, Robert MacNaughton, Drew Barrymore, Peter Coyote, K.C. Martel, Sean Frye, C. Thomas Howell. The film is directed by Steven Spielberg.