A 53-year-old Twilight fan was killed outside of San Diego Comic-Con 2012
A 53-year-old Twilight fan was killed outside of San Diego Comic-Con 2012
Tragedy has struck San Diego Comic-Con 2012 before it has officially started. A woman was killed early this morning when she was struck by a passing car, as she was going to stand in line for the The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 panel outside of Hall H.

The 53-year-old woman was trying to run through a crosswalk on Harbor Drive, just outside of the San Diego Convention Center at approximately 9:20 AM this morning. A local news report has identified the victim as 'Gisela,' an accountant from Kingston, New York, although her identity has not been officially confirmed. Here's how a local news report described the accident.

"The woman was in a crosswalk and had a red light when she tried to run across Harbor Drive toward the convention center about 9:20 a.m., said police Sgt. Ron Glass. The driver of one car saw her and slowed down, but the driver of a Subaru Outback didn't see her in time. The pedestrian tried to stop her own momentum when she saw the oncoming Subaru but tripped and hit the side of the car, Glass said."

Lionsgate also released an official statement regarding the fan's death earlier today.

"Lionsgate, Summit and the entire Twilight community are saddened by the death of a Comic-Con fan today due to a traffic accident during the hours leading up to this year's convention in San Diego. Our thoughts and condolences go out to the victim's family and friends. She will be respectfully remembered this Thursday in Hall H."

It isn't uncommon for fans to start lining up for Twilight panels days before Comic-Con even begins. The woman was reportedly waiting in line since Sunday.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 was released November 16th, 2012 and stars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Kellan Lutz. The film is directed by Bill Condon.

1. K.Guy

@isaac-phillips-83608346 You're an idiot -_-

2 years agoby @kguyFlag

2. isaac phillips

She had it coming for j-walking, what an idiot... But that's to be expected when you're dealing with a Twilight or Glee fan. God hates them.

2 years agoby @isaac-phillips-83608346Flag

3. isaac phillips

Who cares if she died, the world is now better because one less Twilight whor* is off of this earth.

2 years agoby @isaac-phillips-83608346Flag

4. Rodney Roover

RIP comicon twilight lady.

2 years agoby @Rodney-RooverFlag

5. thedude-abides

@ejk1 Exactly my point. Well said.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

6. jasdjqs

agree with @ejk1

2 years agoby @jasdjqsFlag

I read this overnight while at work. My initial reaction to this was to laugh. I know, I know, that sounds horrible. I recognize the gravity of the situation, and how this woman's death will effect others, but the sheer stupidity of her actions and the reasons given are just so outlandish to me, they feel like they are right out of a Road Runner/Wile E. Coyote cartoon. I have two hopes: 1) that @narrator is correct in that she was meeting someone, hopefully a niece or daughter, and 2) that many people learn the valuable lesson that no matter what the emergency, real or feigned, it is not worth acting in a reckless matter. It could lead to tragic consequences. RIP, my dear and unfortunately reckless woman.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

8. artkid04

more contreversy for twilight, the woman was still very stupid

2 years agoby @artkid04Flag

9. Nicholaus XX

@felipe-11 -- What exactly could "we" do? True, but it's the gesture that counts.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

10. K.Guy

Next commenters, please notice that this is a human being that passed away. Put the Twilight info away. Everybody has an opinion.

R.I.P random citizen

2 years agoby @kguyFlag

11. Replicant

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx That's sorta my point, minus the "not giving a f*ck" part. People seem to think that they're fixing everything with their "R.I.P.s" and giving other people sh*t for not writing "R.I.P".

I'm not saying no one should give a f*ck about anything, I'm saying if they really care about death so much go outside and help by doing something real. F*cking "R.I.P."s won't do a damn thing, the woman's family isn't gonna read them (and if they did, do you think that's gonna make anyone feel any better?)

@bawnian-dexeus Yes, I know it's not helping. I wasn't trying to help.

@cupid LOL

2 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

12. K.Guy

@isaac-phillips-83608346 heartless, dude

2 years agoby @kguyFlag

13. Nicholaus XX

So, so sad. R.I.P.

@isaac-phillips-83608346 -- Hello, dickwad #1.

@felipe-11 -- I like you, but, whenever someone says that, I feel like punching them in the face. So mundane, immature, and careless. Girls get raped every day, what makes the latest victim any special? Oh, so this kid is brain dead? Why should I care? People starve to death every day. Why give a f*ck about anything with that kind of attitude?

For f*ck's sake....

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

14. supermanvenom

@isaac-phillips-83608346 Grow up man. Someone died so maybe be mature. Ass

2 years agoby @supermanvenomFlag

15. supermanvenom

@incmob Yeah i agree you people are f*cking sick to make jokes when someone has died. Seriously need to get a life.

2 years agoby @supermanvenomFlag

16. psychobilly13

Sad to hear..... and even sadder to head that she was a twilight fan.

2 years agoby @psychobilly13Flag

17. CUPID

Bad news, she won't be seeing Breaking Dawn part 2, good news, she won't be seeing Breaking Dawn part 2....so sad :(

2 years agoby @cupidFlag

18. incmob

really?? how f*cking old are you people, and where is your moral integrity?? half the time i read "RIP"s and "You will be missed"s on obscure, small time producers and such that you would never have heard about had it not been because of their profession... but you pay your respects to them because they are a producer or a director or a writer, or an actor?? This woman lost her f*cking life going to something SHE loved, and embraced. She could have been your mother, your sister, your grandma or your friend... and all you guys can do is piss on her because she liked twilight... go take a look in the mirror guys and tell me what you see!

RIP Gisela, thoughts are with her family and friends, and unfortunately this will indeed be a downer for this years comic con. hopefully they will pay some respects to her when the panel begins.

2 years agoby @incmobFlag

19. mb11

@isaac-phillips-83608346 you're a dickhe*d

2 years agoby @mbrandon11Flag

I dunno who this random lady was, nor do I really care. But F*ck Twilight, it's so bad, it kills its own fans.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

21. isaac phillips

Yes!!! Another Twilighter bites the dust.

2 years agoby @isaac-phillips-83608346Flag

22. thedude-abides

First of all, @mazinger76, I wasn't making fun of her. I was very careful in the way I constructed that comment so people like you wouldn't get on here and spout off at the c*ck sucker by confusing what I was saying with having some subtextual meaning that wasn't there to begin with.

All I was alluding to with my comments, aside from the obvious, was that it's sad how these movies make girls of any age lose touch with reality, this being the ultimate sense of that fact. It's sad all the way around. Given the circ*mstances, it's sadder still.

Put another quarter in and try again.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@felipe-11 Typing if she will meet Ed in the afterlife doesn't help either. Just saying

24. Replicant

@mazinger76@bawnian-dexeus People die everyday, kids die of hunger every minute. Do you think just typing "RIP" on the internet over some fan who you didn't know makes you a better person or something?

2 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

25. mazinger76

@felipe-11, the dude-abides: a woman lost her life and you guys just make fun and light of her enjoyment of the film? Disrespectful to say the least. If you find enjoyment denigrating people after they die, I feel sorry for you and the people lose to you. Show some decency and a little class.

2 years agoby @mazinger76Flag

26. Avian

Even though she's at fault it's still sad. R.I.P.

2 years agoby @avian005Flag

Circ*mstances or not, it's still a death so I'll say the polite R.I.P. for her. For all we know, she could have been running to catch up with a friend there, or what not.

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

28. Replicant

Now she can join Edward in the afterworld (?)

2 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

29. thedude-abides

Trying to run through a crosswalk just to get in line for f*cking Twilight . . .

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag