Saturday, July 25th
10:00-11:00 Writers' Guild Panel: PG-13 Animation
- Is animation growing up, or is a PG-13 rating just an excuse for cartoon writers to use bad words and graphically kill off their characters? Alan Burnett (Green Lantern: First Flight), Matt Wayne (Hellboy: Sword of Storms), Michael Jelenic (Wonder Woman), Charles Horn (Robot Chicken), Paul Dini (Return of the Joker), Greg Johnson (The Ultimate Avengers, Invincible Iron Man, Doctor Strange), and Stan Berkowitz (Justice League: The New Frontier, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies) will answer this as well as other, more serious questions about this new genre (if you don't count 1972's Fritz the Cat). Spoiler alert: Expect these writers to announce lots of exciting new projects. Room 3
10:00-11:30 The Black Panel
- By now you must have heard about the massive amount of fun The Black Panel is! 2009's panel will be the one that puts all others to shame. This year's panel includes Ludacris, Michael Jai White (Black Dynamite), Kel Mitchell (Kenan & Kel, The Brash Brothers), Prodigal Sunn (The Wu Tang Clan), Reggie Hudlin (Black Panther animated series), Denys Cowan (Black Panther animated series), and as always some surprise guests! Moderated by Michael Davis. Room 5AB
10:00-11:00 Marvel: "Hero Up" with The Super Hero Squad Show!
- Marvel's first action-comedy series is a manic, mind-blowing, all-ages romp through the Marvel Universe. Coming to Cartoon Network in September, the animated show is loaded with superstar voice talent. Several of the actors will preview their characters in a live performance: Tom Kenny (SpongeBob SquarePants) as Iron Man and MODOK, Charlie Adler (Cow and Chicken, Transformers features) as Dr. Doom, Steve Blum (Wolverine and the X-Men) as Wolverine, Grey DeLisle (The Fairly OddParents, Star Wars: The Clone Wars) as Ms. Marvel, and Stan "The Man" Lee as The Mayor. Supervising producer Cort Lane (Iron Man: Armored Adventures), Matt Wayne (Justice League Unlimited), supervising director Mitch Schauer (Freakazoid!, The Angry Beavers), and executive producers Joe Quesada (Marvel editor-in-chief) and Eric Rollman (president, Marvel Animation) share series secrets, a world premiere clip and a preview of THQ's epic Super Hero Squad video game. Followed by Q&A! Room 6BCF
10:00-11:00 Chuck Screening and Q&A
- Chuck returns to Comic-Con! executive producers and co-creators Josh Schwartz (Gossip Girl) and Chris Fedak are joined by series stars Zachary Levi (upcoming Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakuel), Yvonne Strahovski (upcoming I Love You Too), Joshua Gomez (Without a Trace), Ryan McPartlin (Super Capers), Mark Christopher Lawrence (The Pursuit of Happyness), Vik Sahay (This Is Wonderland) , Scott Krinsky (The O.C.), Sarah Lancaster (Everwood) , and Adam Baldwin (Serenity) for a Q&A to discuss season three and screen an exclusive retrospective highlight reel. Plus, don't miss a special surprise from some of your favorite characters! Produced by College Hill Pictures, Wonderland Sound and Vision in association with Warner Bros. Television, Chuck airs Mondays at 8:00 PM ET/PT on NBC. Ballroom 20
10:15-11:15 Eastwick Pilot Screening and Q&A
- Be among the first to see the pilot of the highly anticipated series Eastwick. Based on the John Updike novel and the hit film The Witches of Eastwick, this sexy and bold comedic drama centers on three young witches whose powers are awakened when a mysterious man moves to town. Be careful what you wish for-the perfect man truly may be the Devil! Series stars Rebecca Romijn (X-Men), Lindsay Price (Lipstick Jungle), Jaime Ray Newman (Veronica Mars), and Paul Gross (Due South) join creator/executive producer Maggie Friedman (Related) and director/executive producer David Nutter (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) to answer questions from the audience after this exclusive sneak peek. Produced by Warner Bros. Television, Eastwick airs Wednesdays at 10:00 PM ET/PT this fall on the ABC Television Network. Room 6A
10:30-11:30 Nickelodeon: Are You Ready Kids? Ten Years of SpongeBob SquarePants
- Celebrate 10 years of happiness with the world's most beloved sponge, along with executive producer Paul Tibbitt, creative director Vincent Waller (The Ren & Stimpy Show), and story editor Steven Banks (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius). The cast, including the voice of SpongeBob himself, Tom Kenny, will perform a live table read of a classic fan-favorite from Season 1. Q&A with the cast and crew follows, and be among the first to watch the yet-to-air episode, "Greasy Buffoons." Moderated by Claudia Spinelli, executive in charge for Nickelodeon. Room 6DE
10:30-11:30 Film Illustrators
- Films, graphic novels, and comic books: what does it take to work as an illustrator in this ever-changing, challenging world of imagination? Meet the professionals who work with the writers, directors, producers, and production designers in the dynamic craft of creating iconic images for films and comics from the words on a page. Panelists are Tim Burgard (X-Men Origins: Wolverine), Trevor Goring (Waterloo Sunset graphic novel), Gabriel Hardman (Heathen Town graphic novel), Benton Jew (Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace), and Phil Saunders (Iron Man). Moderated by Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times. Room 10
11:00-12:00 Lost: The Final Season Begins, with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse
- In appreciation of all the fan support through five seasons of Lost, co-creator/executive producer Damon Lindelof and executive producer Carlton Cuse will pay homage to all the fans at their final Comic-Con appearance for Lost. Questions will be answered. Fun will be had. And you won't want to miss the surprises in store for the audience! Hall H
11:15-12:00 Family Guy
- Seth MacFarlane and the brilliant creative minds behind Family Guy present a raucous discussion of what goes on behind the scenes of TV's most subversive animated hit. They'll also be offering a not-to-be-missed sneak peek at Something, Something Dark Side, the Empire Strikes Back parody follow-up to Family Guy: Blue Harvest. Giggity! Ballroom 20
11:30-12:30 Activision/Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
- Marvel and Activision have a long history of bringing some of the world's most popular and beloved comic book storylines to video games and their fans. That pedigree will continue with a number of Stan Lee's famed Marvel characters inspired by Mark Millar's Civil War storyline, brought to life in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2. Learn first-hand the various facets that go into transforming a comic book's storyline into a captivating video game, including voice work, writing, development, and creativity, all the while evolving with the high-definition environment of the gaming world. Join Stan Lee, game voice-over actors Armin Shimmerman and Fred Tatasciore, and members from Activision's development studio, Vicarious Visions, to gain insight and a preview of the imagination, creative process and technology used to develop some of the most advanced superhero games ever. Indigo Ballroom / Hilton Bayfront
11:45-12:45 Ben 10
- It's all about Ben 10 at this panel featuring director Alex Winter and cast members from the upcoming live-action movie Ben 10: Alien Swarm coming this fall to Cartoon Network. Also appearing are Ben 10 Alien Force producer Glenn Murakami, story editor Dwayne McDuffie, and Yuri Lowenthal (voice of Ben). Make sure not to miss an exclusive look at what's coming next with a sneak peek at Generator Rex and the first images from the upcoming series, Sym-Bionic Titan, by creator Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack, Dexter's Laboratory). Room 6DE
12:00-1:00 The Cleveland Show!
- Comic-Con fans will get the first look at The Cleveland Show, the wickedly funny new spinoff from Family Guy starring America's favorite beleaguered animated African American, Cleveland Brown. Co-creators Seth MacFarlane, Mike Henry, and Rich Appel and voice castmembers Sana'a Lathan and Kevin Michael Richardson will all be on hand to discuss this new series premiering on Fox in the fall. Ballroom 20
12:30-1:30 Hasbro: Marvel
- Michelle Favaloro and Scott George (Hasbro Marketing), along with Joshua Lamb, Dave Vonner, Logan Lubera, and Dwight Stall (Hasbro Design), present the latest toys from the Spider-Man, Iron Man, Hulk, Wolverine, Marvel Universe and Super Hero Squad toy lines from 2009. Also, see a sneak peek into the 2010 line! Room 5AB
- Before Sanctuary returns for an all-new season, don't miss your chance to go inside the action and behind the scenes. Join stars Amanda Tapping (Dr. Helen Magnus) and Robin Dunne (Dr. Will Zimmerman) as well as executive producers Martin Wood and Damian Kindler for an exclusive conversation about one of television's most innovative shows. Moderated by Michael Logan, TV Guide. Indigo Ballroom / Hilton Bayfront
1:00-1:45 Futurama: Life or Death?!
- Be a part of sci-fi history! Join executive producers Matt Groening and David X. Cohen, and stars Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, and Maurice LaMarche for high-stakes thrills as a top-ranking Fox executive decides live, on stage, whether Futurama will make yet another triumphant return or whether it is gone forever! The very fate of Futurama hangs in the balance! Paramedics will be standing by in case the intense excitement causes any panelists to collapse. Raucous celebration or abject despair to follow the news. Ballroom 20
1:30-2:30 Miramax: Extract
- Mike Judge, the creator of such comedy classics as Office Space, Beavis Beavis and Butt-Head and King of the Hill is back with his latest film Extract starring Jason Bateman (Arrested Development), Mila Kunis (Forgetting Sarah Marshall), and Kristen Wiig (Saturday Night Live). Join Judge and his cast for a discussion and first look at scenes from their new film. Hall H
- When Fox aired a special preview of its subversive new comedy musical series Glee after the American Idol finale, the response was through the roof, and fans have hungered for another episode ever since. The wait is over! Stars Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele and Cory Monteith and the producers of the Fox hit present a sneak preview screening of a never-before-broadcast episode with panel discussion to follow. Don't Stop Believin', Comic-Con fans! Glee is here! Indigo Ballroom / Hilton Bayfront
1:45-2:30 The Simpsons
- Now entering its record-breaking 21st season on the air, The Simpsons is the longest-running series in the history of American television and a household name around the world. Get a behind-the-scenes look at what's coming up in the Simpsonverse, including never-before-seen highlights from the upcoming "Treehouse of Horror XX," with a panel including The Simpsons creator Matt Groening, showrunner Al Jean, executive producer Matt Selman, and supervising director Mike Anderson. Ballroom 20
2:00-3:00 Nickelodeon's The Penguins of Madagascar: Making a Splash
- Executive producers Mark McCorkle and Bob Schooley (Kim Possible), supervising producer Bret Haaland (Futurama), creative consultant and voice of Skipper Tom McGrath (Madagascar 1 & 2), and cast members John DiMaggio (Rico), Jeff Bennett (Kowalski), and Danny Jacobs (King Julien) preview a never-before-seen clip from an upcoming Penguins special and perform a table read from a new episode. Followed by Q&A as they discuss the process of bringing the popular Penguins from the big screen to their very own series. Moderated by Rich Magallanes, executive director for Nickelodeon. Room 7AB
2:15-3:15 Warehouse 13
- This summer, the unknown has an address in the new Syfy Original Series, Warehouse 13. Stars Eddie McClintock (Pete Lattimer), Joanne Kelly (Myka Bering), Saul Rubinek (Artie Nielsen), Allison Scagliotti (Claudia Donovan), Jack Kenny (executive producer/showrunner) and David Simkins (executive producer) reveal confidential information. Room 6A
2:45-3:45 V Pilot Screening and Q&A
- Already one of the most talked-about new series of the upcoming television season, catch a special screening of the pilot episode of V, a re-imagining of the groundbreaking miniseries, followed by a Q&A with stars Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost), Morris Chestnut (The Cave), Joel Gretsch (The 4400), Morena Baccarin (Firefly), and Scott Wolf (Go), along with executive producers Scott Peters (The 4400), Jeffrey Bell (Alias), Steve Pearlman (Related) and Jace Hall (Chadam). From HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television, V will premiere midseason on the ABC Television Network. Ballroom 20
2:45-3:45 Sony Pictures: Zombieland and 2012
- Sony Pictures previews two exciting new movies at Comic-Con!
Zombieland - What if the Zombies won? Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) has made a habit of running from what scares him. Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) doesn't have fears. If he did, he'd kick their ever-living ass. In a world overrun by zombies, these two are perfectly evolved survivors. But now, they're about to stare down the most terrifying prospect of all: each other. Also starring Emma Stone and Abigal Breslin as two sisters who seem to constantly cause even more trouble for our erstwhile heroes. Appearing on stage: Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and director Ruben Fleischer.
2012- Director Roland Emmerich has tried to destroy civilization before, but nothing you've seen will prepare you for what he has in store for the world in 2012. Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists, and governments. 2012 is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors. Roland will be onstage to reassure us it's all make-believe...we hope.
3:15-4:15 Heroes: Exclusive First Look at "Redemption" and Q&A with Tim Kring and Castmembers
- Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for an amazing roller coaster ride as Heroes debuts a trailer for "Volume 5: Redemption." Participate in a Q&A session with creator Tim Kring and some of the cast. Indigo Ballroom / Hilton Bayfront
3:30-4:30 Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
- In the sequel to the cult classic Boondock Saints, director Troy Duffy brings back Sean Patrick Flanery (Suicide Kings, Powder), Norman Reedus (American Gangster, Blade 2), and Billy Connolly (The Last Samurai) and introduces Carlo Berardinucci, Clifton Collins Jr. (Star Trek, Crank High Voltage) as a new partner-in-crime, and Julie Benz (Rambo, Punisher: War Zone, Saw V) as the sexy FBI operative who is hot on their trail. Join Troy and the cast for a panel discussion about the new film and the world premiere of the trailer. Room 6DE
3:30-4:30 Costume Designers: Designing for Feature Films
- Characters created by writers and comic book illustrators are made real for the screen via the artistry of costume designers. Meet the women and men who are the costume designers on this year's blockbuster films. Panel moderator Susan Nininger, costume designer and board member of the Costume Designers Guild, Local 892, is joined by costume designers Sanja Hays (The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor), Ellen Mirojnick (G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra), Mary Vogt (Fantastic Four: Rise of The Silver Surfer), Rita Ryack (Hairspray), and Ha Nguyen (Priest). Room 30AB
4:00-5:00 We Control The Vertical: Writing and Producing For Television
- Some of TV's most talented writers and show runners discuss the writing and production of your favorite television shows, past and present, and share amusing anecdotes from the television trenches. Starring Dave Simkins (Warehouse 13, Blade: The Series, The Dresden Files), Javier Grillo-Marxuach (The Middleman, Day One), Charles Murray (V, Criminal Minds, Castle), Sarah Watson (The Unknowns, Parenthood), Gabrielle Stanton (The Vampire Diaries, Moonlight), Steve Kriozere (NCIS, Dead & Deader, V.I.P.), Steve Melching (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Batman), Matthew Federman (Human Target, Jericho), and Ashley E. Miller (Fringe, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles). Moderated by Mark A. Altman Room 8
4:00-5:00 Fringe Screening and Q&A
- Fringe cast members Anna Torv (upcoming The Pacific), Josh Jackson (Shutter), and John Noble (The Lord Of The Rings: The Return of The King) appear with consulting producers Alex Kurtzman and Robert Orci (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen) and executive producers Jeff Pinkner (Lost) and J. H. Wyman (Keen Eddie) for a Q&A with fans and an exclusive video presentation. Join the discussion of this critically acclaimed thriller, which explores the ever-blurring line between science fiction and reality, where hybrid monsters tear through sewers, thieves walk through walls and portals open to worlds unknown. From Bad Robot Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, Fringe airs Thursdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT this fall on FOX, premiering September 17. Fringe: The Complete First Season [5 Discs] [Blu-ray] will be released on DVD and Blu-ray Hi Def September 8. Ballroom 20
4:00-5:00 Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment: Iron Man 2
- Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment present the sequel to the blockbuster film based on the legendary Marvel superhero Iron Man. Directed by Jon Favreau, Iron Man 2 stars Robert Downey Jr. Joining Downey in the cast are Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Sam Rockwell, Jon Favreau, Clark Gregg, John Slattery, Mickey Rourke, and Samuel L. Jackson. Hall H
4:30-5:30 Mike Mignola: Hellboy
- The creator of Hellboy talks about upcoming projects and what's next for the Beast of the Apocalypse. Mike Mignola and his long-suffering editor Scott Allie provide an overview of the coming year and an always frank Q&A session!
4:30-5:30 Top Cow: Comics & Multimedia
- Marc Silvestri (Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia), Matt Hawkins (president of Top Cow), and Filip Sablik (publisher of Top Cow) hit you with a hurricane of exciting news and announcements from comics, film, television, anime, and much more! Joining them will be Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes, Berserker) and Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead)! Don't miss major announcements regarding the Witchblade feature film, Witchblade anime, and Darkness video game! Plus a major casting announcement for The Darkness film and a special surprise guest or two! Room 7AB
4:30-5:30 Vanguard Films: Emo Boy
- Vanguard Films will announce its slate of new projects including Emo Boy, the big screen adaptation of Stephen Emond's SLG graphic novel, with a special Q&A with the movie's director, Kyle Newman (Fanboys). Other projects to be announced include Illegal Aliens, a new graphic novel/movie franchise being produced by Vanguard and Platinum Comics, and Alien Band, an animated feature set to go into production in the fall of 2009. A preview will also be shown from Vanguard's upcoming film Space Chimps 3D. Room 10
4:45-5:45 Spotlight on J. Michael Straczynski
- Triple Eisner-nominated and Comic-Con special guest J. Michael Straczynski presents a freewheeling discussion about his work in comics (Brave and the Bold, Thor, Amazing Spider-Man), television (Babylon 5), movies (Changeling, Ninja Assassin, Forbidden Planett, Lensman and more) and anything else that comes to mind. Every year JMS's talks are a focus of heated conversation, and that's just between us and law enforcement when they show up midway through... Room 6A
4:45-5:55 Human Target Pilot Screening and Q&A
- Join Human Target stars Mark Valley (Fringe), Chi McBride (Pushing Daisies) and Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen), the show's executive producers Jon Steinberg, Brad Kern (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) and Peter Johnson (Supernatural: Origins Comic Book Series), and co-creator of the original Human Target comic, Len Wein, for an exclusive Q&A and a screening of the highly anticipated pilot based on the popular DC Comics title about a mysterious agent for hire who assumes different identities, literally becoming a human target on behalf of his clients. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Wonderland Sound and Vision, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Television, Human Target will air Wednesdays at 9:00 pm ET/PT beginning in January 2010 on FOX. Room 6BCF
5:00-6:00 What Is an Animated Film?
- Many people view animation as a genre. Like "westerns" and "science fiction," animation has come to follow a few tightly defined sets of conventions-anime, funny animal, and fairy tales form the basis of most animated cartoons. But animation is much more than just that. It is a medium capable of expressing a wide range of styles and stories. In this screening and talk, Stephen Worth, director of the ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive, presents examples of animated films that don't follow the established formulas-films that experiment with technique and storytelling to push the envelope of the definition of animation. Room 3
5:00-6:00 Adventures in Voice Acting Workshop
- Here's an opportunity for attendees interested in the voice-acting profession to get firsthand advice and experience from the pros in an intimate yet dynamic and exciting setting. Learn directly from some of the best voice actors and directors in the world. This one-hour class covers practical dubbing techniques, important issues such as studio protocol, and what to expect at your first audition. You'll also get some inside information on how to break in and what the industry is really like. This truly is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for fans and aspiring voice actors to interact with some of the most accomplished members of the industry. Panelists include Michele Rodriguez (Lost), Steve Blum (Wolverine), Lance Henriksen (Aliens), and special surprise guests. Room 30CDE
5:15-6:15 True Blood Panel and Q&A session
- Just as it seemed things were settling down in the backwoods Louisiana town of Bon Temps, deadly new twists and evil forces have begun to threaten Sookie Stackhouse and everyone around her. Mixing romance, suspense, mystery, and humor, True Blood kicked off its 12-episode second season on June 14 on HBO. The series, which earned a Golden Globe nomination for Best Television Series-Drama for its debut season, follows the romance between waitress Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin, the X-Men films; Golden Globe-winner for True Blood season one; Oscar-winner for The Piano), who can hear people's thoughts, and her soul mate, 173-year-old vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer, The Starter Wife). Alan Ball (creator of the Emmy-winning HBO series Six Feet Under) created and serves as executive producer of the series, which is based on the best-selling Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. The series also features Nelsan Ellis (The Soloist) as Lafayette Reynolds, Rutina Wesley as Tara Thornton; Sam Trammell as Sam Merlotte; Michelle Forbes (Battlestar Galactica) as Maryann Forrester; Alexander Skarsgård as Eric Northman and Deborah Ann Woll as Jessica Hamby. Moderated by Kate Hahn of TV Guide. Ballroom 20
5:15-6:45 Kevin Smith
- Direct from New York City, where he's directing the new Warner Bros. film A Couple of Dicks starring Bruce Willis, Seann William Scott, and Tracy Morgan, Kevin Smith returns to the Hall H stage for his annual report to the masses. And remember: he flew in just for YOU. Hall H
5:30-6:30 Gears of War: The Gearsiverse
- Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski, Gears of War movie scriptwriter Chris Morgan, Gears of War comic book author and Gears of War 2 scriptwriter Joshua Ortega, and Gears of War movie director Len Wiseman present a preview of what's next in the 11 million-selling Gears of War franchise. Get in on all the action, including an exclusive sneak peek at the deleted scene from Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection as well as an insider's glimpse into the highly anticipated Gears of War motion picture. Whether you play the games, read the books, or have a Crimson Omen tattoo, this star-studded meeting of the minds is too exciting to miss! Indigo Ballroom / Hilton Bayfront
5:55-7:00 The Vampire Diaries Pilot Screening and Q&A
- The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev (Degrassi: The Next Generation), Paul Wesley, and Ian Somerhalder (Lost) appear with executive producer/writer Kevin Williamson (Scream), writer Julie Plec (Kyle XY), and executive producer Bob Levy (Gossip Girl), as the series makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the much-talked-about pilot, followed by a Q&A. This edgy and romantic new drama, in which two vampire brothers-one good, one evil-are at war for the soul of one girl, is based upon the bestselling book series of the same name. Lynette Rice of Entertainment Weekly moderates. From Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, The Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT this fall on The CW, premiering September 10. Room 6BCF
6:00-7:15 Adult Swim Development: The Venture Bros. Panel
- Fans will get the chance to hear from the Adult Swim development team and get a first look at upcoming Adult Swim programming. Nick Weidenfeld, director of development, and Matt Harrigan, executive producer/series writer, will give highlights of what's in the tube for fall 2009. Then Venture Bros. co-creators Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer, James Urbaniak (voice of Dr. Venture) and Mike Sinterniklaas (voice of Dean Venture), will also be on hand to discuss the hit series TThe Venture Bros. and give fans insight into its future. Vice president of production for Adult Swim Keith Crofford moderates. Room 6A
6:30-7:30 Black Dynamite
- He's super cool and he knows kung-fu! When "The Man" murders his brother and floods the ghetto with adulterated malt liquor, Black Dynamite is the one hero willing to fight all the way from the blood-soaked city streets to the hallowed halls of the Honky House. Michael Jai White stars as Black Dynamite, a gun toting, nunchuck-wielding ladies' man and soul brother. Director and writer Scott Sanders is joined by cast members including Arsenio Hall, Tommy Davidson, Byron Minns, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, moderator Elvis Mitchell, and more! Room 5AB
6:30-8:00 Troma Roast
- In Tromaville, you don't just roast 'em, you nuke 'em! Join Tromaster of Ceremonies Trey Parker for this no-holds-barred roast of Troma Studios president Lloyd Kaufman, featuring past and present BFFs: Stan Lee, Brian Pulido Richard Saperstein, James Gunn Batton Lash (Supernatural Law) Steven Paul, Penelope Spheeris, Ron Jeremy, Joe Lynch, Mick Garris , Chad Gilbert (lead guitarist, New Found Glory), John Rieber (G4 senior VP), Jean Prewitt (Independent Film Alliance), Matt Stone, Terry Stewart (president, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame), and more! What a way to celebrate 35 years of Reel Independence with Troma Entertainment! Indigo Ballroom / Hilton Bayfront
7:00-8:00 Da Jammies
- FarCor Studios Ralph Farquhar (executive producer), Dwayne Corbitt (executive producer), and creators Aulsondro Novelist Hamilton and William Dolla Chapman II of Toon Farm, LLC unveil Da Jammies, a new 3D animated music sitcom. The creator of such Disney hits as The Proud Family and Wendy Wu: Princess Warrior is back in the animation game with this groundbreaking show featuring hip-hop dances, music, and fashion. Join the producers, cast, and creative team for a sneak peek presentation of the new series and Q&A session moderated by Lil JJ of Just Jordan and the TBS series Men of a Certain Age. Room 8
7:15-8:15 MythBusters Q&A and Sneak Peeks
- The series called "the best science program on television" by the New York Times returns for its second year at Comic-Con. Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage are joined by Tory Belleci and Grant Imahara to discuss their offbeat series that uses science to determine the truth behind urban legends. Adam, Jamie, Grant and Tory will answer questions and share behind-the-scenes stories and showcase world premiere sneak peeks of upcoming myths. MythBusters airs Wednesdays at 9:00 PM E/P on Discovery Channel. Room 6BCF
7:30-10:00 Torchwood/Doctor Who Screenings
-Torchwood: Children of Earth, an epic television event from BBC America's highest rated series, has the Torchwood team facing their fiercest threat to date-one that throws the future of Torchwood and the entire human race spiraling into danger. The finale finds Torchwood defenseless and Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles) standing alone, as the final sanction begins. As violence erupts and the world descends into anarchy, an ordinary housing estate becomes a battleground where the future of the human race will be decided. Torchwood: Children of Earth hits stores on Blu-ray and DVD July 28, 2009.
In the first of the final four specials from Russell T Davies and starring David Tennant, Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead, finds the Doctor trapped on a desert alien planet with a red double-decker bus but no Tardis. He soon discovers the mysterious planet holds terrifying secrets hidden in the sand and is forced to team up with a mysterious, aristocratic thief, Lady Christina (Michelle Ryan, Bionic Woman), to get back to Earth. But time is running out, as the deadly Swarm gets closer. This is the first Time Lord adventure to be shot in HD. Doctor Who: Planet of the Dead hits stores on Blu-ray and DVD July 28, 2009
8:00-9:00 Showtime: Weeds
- If you are addicted to Weeds, this is the panel you don't want to miss! Find out everything you want to know with a Q&A and interview with the series creator and its stars! Featured panelists include Jenji Kohan (creator/executive producer), Hunter Parrish (Silas), Justin Kirk (Andy), and other cast members. Weeds airs on Mondays at 10:00 pm on Showtime. Indigo Ballroom / Hilton Bayfront
8:30-12:15 Watchmen: Director's Cut-Live with Zack Snyder! Plus Sneak Peek of Batman: Arkham Asylum with Mark Hamill & Kevin Conroy
- Get the ultimate inside track on two landmark Warner Bros. releases with the world premiere screening of Watchmen: Director's Cut and a first-look panel for the breakout Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment game Batman: Arkham Asylum. The festivities will open with a Batman: Arkham Asylum panel led by the benchmark voices of Batman and the Joker, Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill, as well as award-winning writer Paul Dini. Then Watchmen director Zack Snyder, legendary illustrator Dave Gibbons and actor Jackie Earle Haley discuss the nuances of the film's Director's Cut- which hit stores on July 21. And for the pièce de résistance, Snyder will host a BD Live Community event-providing a real-time, in-person director's commentary for Comic-Con attendees (and BD Live viewers at home) as the film rolls. Audience members will have the opportunity to ask questions of Snyder via computer kiosks within the room, making for an entirely interactive viewing experience. Room 6BCF
8:45-11:45 HBO's True Blood Presents: The San Diego Comic-Con International Masquerade
- Fabulous original and re-created costumes crafted by our talented attendees appear on stage before an audience of thousands, with impressive awards and cash prizes bestowed to those judged most outstanding. Doors will open for audience seating at 8:15 PM, but the line will start much earlier! Tickets will be required for seating and will be given out free to those lining up near Ballroom 20 beginning at 4:30 PM. Masters of Ceremony are writers/artists Phil Foglio and Kaja Foglio of Studio Foglio, and halftime entertainment will feature special advance movie previews, behind-the-scenes films, and more. (Overflow seating available in Rooms 5AB, 6A and in the Sails Pavilion.) Ballroom 20
9:30-11:30 Pander Brothers of Grendel Fame Screen Debut Feature Film, Selfless
- Awarded Best Feature at the BendFilm Fest and Best Supporting Actor (Mo Gallini), Selfless is a psychological thriller about an architect whose life is terrorized by a spiteful identity thief. Director/co-writer Jacob Pander (Accelerate, Grendel) and producer/co-writer Arnold Pander (Tasty Bullet, Grendel), actor Mo Gallini (2 Fast 2 Furious, Mr. & Mrs. Smith), and film critic David Walker (Badazz MoFo) are on hand for this special advanced screening and panel Q&A! Room 7AB
10:00-12:00 Give 'em Hell, Malone Screening and Panel
- Catch an exclusive early screening of the upcoming noir-action film Give 'em Hell, Malone, followed by a Q&A with stars Thomas Jane and Chris Yen, along with director Russell Mulcahy and writer Mark Hosack. Room 6DE
Extract was released September 4th, 2009 and stars Jason Bateman, Mila Kunis, Kristen Wiig, Ben Affleck, J.K. Simmons, Clifton Collins Jr., Dustin Milligan, David Koechner. The film is directed by Mike Judge.
Zombieland was released October 2nd, 2009 and stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin, Amber Heard, Bill Murray, Derek Graf, Jacob G. Akins. The film is directed by Ruben Fleischer.
2012 was released November 13th, 2009 and stars John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Thandie Newton, Oliver Platt, Thomas McCarthy, Woody Harrelson, Danny Glover. The film is directed by Roland Emmerich.
The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day was released October 30th, 2009 and stars Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, Billy Connolly, Clifton Collins Jr., Julie Benz, Bob Marley, Brian Mahoney, David Ferry. The film is directed by Troy Duffy.
Iron Man 2 was released May 7th, 2010 and stars Robert Downey Jr., Don Cheadle, Scarlett Johansson, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sam Rockwell, Mickey Rourke, Samuel L. Jackson, Clark Gregg. The film is directed by Jon Favreau.
Cop Out was released February 26th, 2010 and stars Bruce Willis, Tracy Morgan, Juan Carlos Hernández, Cory Fernandez, Ana de la Reguera, Jason Hurt, Jeff Lima, Sean Cullen. The film is directed by Kevin Smith.
Gears of War is in development .
Black Dynamite was released October 16th, 2009 and stars Michael Jai White, Arsenio Hall, Tommy Davidson, Kevin Chapman, Richard Edson, Darrel Heath, Buddy Lewis, Pete Antico. The film is directed by Scott Sanders.
Give 'em Hell, Malone was released in 2009 and stars Thomas Jane, Ving Rhames, Elsa Pataky, French Stewart, Leland Orser, Chris Yen, William Abadie, Gregory Harrison. The film is directed by Russell Mulcahy.