Walter White's transformation from high school chemistry teacher to full-blown, ruthless drug lord continues on Sony Pictures Television's critically acclaimed drama series on AMC, Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season, available on Blu-ray and DVD June 4th or available now for Digital Download from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE). The highly anticipated fifth season reunites Bryan Cranston, three-time Best Actor Emmy winner and winner of this year's Best Male Screen Actors Guild Award, with two-time Emmy Winner Aaron Paul (Best Supporting Role). The Fifth Season Blu-ray and DVD feature an eight-minute, uncensored bonus scene, "Chicks 'N' Guns," written and produced exclusively for the home entertainment release. Starring Aaron Paul, Bob Odenkirk (TV's How I Met Your Mother), and Charles Baker (Splinter), the scene tells the pivotal back story to episode 508 in the fifth season, "Gliding Over All".
Here's what series creator Vince Gilligan had to say about the exclusive scene.
"The extra scene we created exclusively for the Blu-ray and DVD proves just how much the relationship between Jesse and Walt has drastically changed over the past five seasons of Breaking Bad. Chicks 'N' Guns is an original idea that presents fans with a pivotal missing moment during episode 508, "Gliding Over All". Writers Jenn Carroll and Gordon Smith, and Director Michelle Maxwell MacLaren, did a fantastic job bringing it to life, and I think fans will love it."
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season comes as a three-disc Blu-ray and four-disc DVD set, including cast and crew commentary on every episode, deleted scenes, outtakes, audition and rehearsal footage, and all-new featurettes.
Breaking Bad also stars Anna Gunn (TV's Deadwood), Dean Norris ("TV's CSI: Crime Scene Investigation), Betsy Brandt (Magic Mike), RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, and Jonathan Banks (Identity Thief). It was created by writer/director/producer Vince Gilligan (TV's The X-Files), who also served as executive producer with Academy Award winner Mark Johnson (Rain Man, 1988's Best Picture) and Michelle Maxwell MacLaren (TV's The X-Files). Co-executive producers of the series include Melissa Bernstein, Sam Catlin (TV's Canterbury's Law), George Mastras (TV's The Dresden Files), Peter Gould (TV's Too Big to Fail), and Thomas Schnauz (TV's The X-Files). Moira Walley-Beckett (TV's Pan Am) served as supervising producer with Stewart Lyons as Line Producer/UPM. Cranston and Diane Mercer (TV's Arrested Development) are producers of the series.
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul return in their Emmy winning roles of meth cooks Walter White and Jesse Pinkman in the fifth explosive season of Breaking Bad. With Gus Fring dead, Walt's transformation from a well-meaning family man to a ruthless drug kingpin is nearly complete. Forming a partnership with Jesse and Mike (Jonathan Banks), Walt proceeds to make a killing until the fruits of his murderous schemes are threatened by a new development in the investigation led by Hank (Dean Norris). Executive produced by Vince Gilligan and Mark Johnson.
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season episodes include: "Live Free or Die}, "Madrigal", "Hazard Pay", "Fifty-One", "Dead Freight", "Buyout", "Say My Name", "Gliding Over All"
Blu-ray Exclusive Special Features Include:
- "Scene by Scene: Directors Discuss Memorable Moments" provides the directors' experience making the show.
- "The Writers of Breaking Bad" gives the writers a turn to show viewers what it's really like to work together and create amazing scripts.
- "Chicks 'N' Guns" is a scene created and produced exclusively for the home entertainment release. Certain that the DEA dragnet that sent Mike fleeing is about to close around him, Jesse enlists Skinny Pete and a stripper to help him forget his woes...until Saul arrives and gives him something entirely new to fear.
- Cast & crew commentaries on every episode
- Deleted scenes
- "Nothing Stops This Train" takes viewers on location to see what a huge undertaking it is to film a modern-day train heist.
- "The Cleaner: Jonathan Banks as Mike" gives viewers a chance to spend time with fan-favorite Cleaner, Jonathan Banks, as he talks about his time with the show.
- "Chicks 'N' Guns: Behind-the-Scenes" shows how the scene came to be, going behind the scenes with Aaron Paul and Bob Odenkirk as it's filmed.
- "Writers' Room Timelapse" takes viewers through the entire breaking of episode "Fifty-One" with commentary from the writers.
- Laura Fraser & Jesse Plemons audition footage
- Prison stunt rehearsal footage
- "Gallery 1988 Art Show" features artwork inspired by the show
- "Chris Hardwick's All-Star Celebrity Bowling" features team Breaking Bad going head to head with team Nerdist to raise money for charity.
- Inside Breaking Bad: 19 episodes that give a behind-the-scenes look of what it takes to create an episode
Today, iTunes will digitally debut the Breaking Bad Deluxe Edition Season 3, including more than 10 hours of special features including uncensored episodes, commentaries, featurettes and more. Also available on iTunes is the Breaking Bad Deluxe Edition Season 1 and Season 2, featuring more than 50 minutes of bonus features, including uncensored episodes, interviews with the cast and creators, deleted scenes, a music video and more. The Deluxe Edition Season 4 will be available in May, with Deluxe Editions for the Fifth and Final seasons to follow. (iTunes.com/BreakingBad)
iTunes Deluxe Editions Special Features
Season 1 and Season 2 - More than 50 minutes of bonus features:
- All seven uncensored first season episodes and an uncensored episode from season two (episode 206)
- Cast and crew commentary, "Making of Breaking Bad" featurette
- Deleted scenes
- "Inside Breaking Bad" featurette
- "Negro y Azul" music video'
- Better Call Saul commercials
- Six Breaking Bad Original Webisodes
Breaking Bad Season 3 - More than 10 hours of bonus features:
- Three uncensored episodes (episode 303 "I.F.T., episode 305 "Mas", and episode 310 "Fly")
- Cast and crew commentary on nine episodes with Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks and more
- Six behind-the-scenes featurettes - Inside Breaking Bad ("Silent But Deadly: The Brothers Moncada," "White Heat: Cranston on Fire," "Pizza of Destiny: Cranston's Greatest Shot," "Team S.C.I.E.N.C.E.," "The Music of Breaking Bad," and "Hit and Run")
- Mini video podcasts with the cast and crew on every episode
- Better Call Saul commercials and testimonials
- 20 episodes of Inside Breaking Bad
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season has a run time of approximately 566 minutes and is not rated.