The first chapter of the Star Wars Saga arrives in theatres for the first time ever in 3D starting February 10, and AMC theatres across the country are celebrating the occasion with plans to make opening weekend one for fans and families to remember!
To mark the return of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace to theatres, now in immersive 3D, kids, collectors and Star Wars fans of all ages will receive an all-new Hasbro Star Wars Fighter Pod with the purchase of each RealD 3D ticket for Episode I all weekend long, February 10-12, only at AMC theatres (limit one per ticket, while supplies last).
Additionally, 10 AMC theatres in the United States will host exclusive event screenings in RealD 3D to bring the fun of Star Wars in 3D to life for families and fans. Starting Saturday, Feb. 11 at 11 a.m. local time, select theatres will offer activities, giveaways and interactive experiences. Fans can expect (while supplies last):
- Exclusive Anakin Skywalker Podracer 3D glasses with ticket purchase, to truly get into the speed and spectacle of 3D Star Wars on the big screen.
- A Hasbro Star Wars Fighter Pods collectible toy with RealD 3D ticket purchase
- A Lego feature area
- Darth Maul face-painting; a chance to reveal your inner Sith Lord at long last!
- Special character appearances for photo opportunities
- Demonstrations of the upcoming Xbox Kinect Star Wars
The 10 participating Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace exclusive event screening theatres are:
- Atlanta: AMC Southlake 24
- Boston: AMC Loews Liberty Tree Mall 20
- Chicago: AMC South Barrington 30
- Denver: AMC Highlands Ranch 24
- Los Angeles: AMC Tustin 14 at The District, AMC Ontario Mills 30
- New York: AMC Empire 25, AMC Garden State 16
- Phoenix: AMC Mesa Grand 24
- San Francisco: AMC Emeryville Bay Street 16
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace was released May 19th, 1999 and stars Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Jake Lloyd, Ian McDiarmid, Pernilla August, Oliver Ford Davies, Hugh Quarshie. The film is directed by George Lucas.